Delivery & Returns
Free Delivery in 2-5 days*
* Delivery and Tracking
Standard delivery is free and will arrive within 2-5 working days from our UK factory. Please give a delivery address where goods can be signed for during the working day.
– Full lamps and bottles are sent with DPD, see here for tracking info.
– Small accessories like bulbs (orders under £25) are sent with first class Royal Mail. This service is untracked.
– Orders to Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands are sent with Parcelforce, see here for tracking info.
Next-day delivery is charged at a standard rate of £6 per delivery for all orders placed before 1 pm Monday – Thursday. Orders placed by 1 pm on Friday will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will be delivered on Tuesday. All next-day deliveries are sent with DPD, see here for tracking details.
Shipping outside the UK
Republic of Ireland
Due to Brexit, we are unable to offer the full Mathmos range. We can ship bulbs, bottles and the Neo lava lamp range direct to Ireland from our EU fulfilment warehouse. If this is of interest please email our team for further assistance here.
Continental Europe & Australia
Please visit the relevant country website from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
USA & Canada
We are currently unable to deliver to USA and Canada. We hope to be able to offer a limited range soon. Please sign up to our USA mailing list here to be notified when shipping begins. Please note that exporting our products outside of the UK or mainland EU will void the warranty, this includes but is not limited to the use of freight forwarding addresses.
Asia and Rest of World
We are currently unable to deliver to individuals outside of the UK and mainland Europe.
Mathmos is open and we have now put in place all the recommended safeguards. Your order will come to you directly from our UK factory where we hold good stocks.
For further information: Covid-19 FAQs
Schedule a free eCard to arrive by email or social for all Mathmos products with your message.
Platinum Star Customer Service
2 Year Shop Direct Guarantee
For your peace of mind products purchased exclusively via Mathmos.com are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 2 years from the date of purchase. If a manufacturing defect is found, we will be happy to repair or replace your product, including all delivery charges. Items purchased through other retailers are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for 1 year from the date of purchase.
A manufacturing defect is defined as any fault in the product’s materials or workmanship, which is present at the time of receipt. Damages caused as a result of the following conditions are not classed as manufacturing defects, and will not be covered by our guarantee:
– Bulbs over 1-year-old
– Accidental damage
– Acceptable (normal) wear and tear
– Damage caused by abuse or negligence
We will not guarantee products that have not been used or maintained in accordance with the instructions eg;
– Lava lamp bottles that have been moved whilst hot.
– Products which have been modified or repaired by anyone other than Mathmos
– Products purchased as pre-owned refurbished or sold as seen
Mathmos prides itself on high-quality products that have passed all the relevant safety and quality standards. However, if you think there is something wrong with one of our products please follow this 2 step process;
1. Visit the F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) tab on the relevant product page. It may well be that your issue is solved here.
2. If this does not solve your problem and if your product is within the 2 year guarantee period (Mathmos.com customers only), please contact our team of product experts here and they will advise you what to do next. To ensure that we can deal with your enquiry as efficiently as possible please include; your order number, a picture of the product showing the problem, a description of the problem and the date you noticed the problem.
NB. Please do not return your product without contacting us first and waiting until we advise you further.
During the Christmas period, products shipped by Mathmos.com between 1st of October and 31st December 2022 can be returned to us until 31st January 2023.
We hope you are delighted with your product from Mathmos. However if for any reason you are not satisfied with your product you have 30 days to return it to us and we will be happy to process a refund.
You will need to pay the return shipping costs yourself. All returns must be in a resaleable condition (in their original packaging, unused and securely packaged).
Please follow Mathmos’ 5 Step Returns Procedure;
1. Contact Us
You must contact us before returning your product; let us know your name, the product for return, the order number and your email address. You can use one of these ways of contacting us;
2. Fill Out The Returns Advice Form
You will find this on the reverse side of your dispatch note, or print again here. Please fill out all of the details clearly.
3. Pack The Product Securely
Pack your product securely and make sure you place the returns form in the package.
– Allow your lava lamp to cool for at least 24 hours before packing it (if you have turned it on to see the colour).
– Use as much as possible of the original packaging.
– If parts of the internal packaging are damaged use appropriate packing materials such as strong cardboard and bubble-wrap to ensure the product arrives in a like-new condition.
– Protect the plug pins with a suitable material such as bubble wrap or newspaper.
– Protective material should be wrapped around the base and cap to protect them from scratching, the lead can then be wrapped around the outside of the base.
– Remember lava lamps are made of glass so must be packed very securely.
NB. All returns must arrive at Mathmos in the condition in which they were received; unused, undamaged and returned in the original packaging. If the product is not returned to us in fully resalable condition, we reserve the right to refuse or reduce the refund on the item.
4. Send Your Product Back
Mathmos does not accept responsibility for goods that are lost or damaged in transit, so we recommend you pack your items securely and keep your proof of postage.
You can use either;
Post Office – Affix the address label at the bottom of the Returns Advice Form to the outside of your package, take it to the Post Office and send to us. This is not a pre-paid label so you will need to pay return postage. Please retain your proof of postage.
Collect Plus (UK only) – Affix the address label to the outside of the package then return the products to us using Collect Plus by clicking here. This link will allow you to pay £6.29 by PayPal or card (for a 2-5kg parcel) and print a PDF label to attach to the outside of the package. When it’s dropped off at any of the Collect+ locations a receipt will be issued as proof-of-postage and you will be given a tracking code to follow it online.
If you purchased from Mathmos.com using your PayPal account then you are eligible for PayPal’s “Return Shipping on Us” service, see below.
5. Refund Processed by Mathmos
All refunds will be processed within 2 weeks of the item being received at our factory; most will be processed in 3 – 5 days. If you have not received your refund within 2 weeks, please contact us at email@example.com with tracking information for the return so we can investigate.
NB. We are only able to refund items brought directly from Mathmos. Mathmos products purchased from other retailers should be returned directly to the retailer.
For more information on cancelling your order, please see our Terms and Conditions.